Mergers & Acquisitions constitute one of the key areas of our business. Our team members have broad experience in various transactions and have advised numerous clients, in particular industry and financial investors (including private equity managers). We have represented sellers, buyers, target companies, investment banks, and banks and funds providing financing. We have advised on cross-border and multijurisdictional transactions, as well as on local domestic deals.
Our experience includes in particular advising clients on:
- Acquisitions and disposals of shares (including shares listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange), going-concerns and assets
- MBO and LBO transactions
- Structuring and implementing share option plans and schemes
- Shareholders agreements and joint-venture agreements
- Mergers, spin-offs and transformations of companies
We provide complex services, from legal and tax structuring, through due diligence investigations (including vendor’s due diligence and preparing data rooms), negotiating term sheets, drafting and negotiating Share Purchase Agreements and other transactional documents (including disclosure letters), drafting and filing notifications with the anti-trust authorities and other regulatory bodies, to advising on the completion of transactions.
Our lawyers have advised in particular:
- Shareholders of Fabryka Dywanów „Agnella” S.A. on sale of the company to Brintons Carpets Limited, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group – one of the largest global private equity funds
- Montagu Private Equity on its acquisition of TP Emitel S.A.
- TVN S.A., on the strategic partnership between TVN and Ringer Axel Springer Media AG concerning the Onet.pl S.A. Group
- TVN S.A. on the merger of two pay-TV platforms: TVN and Polish platform of Canal+
- The Warsaw Stock Exchange on its acquisition of the Polish Energy Exchange
- Krzysztof Gradecki on the sale of a majority stake in Eko Holding S.A.
- Deutsche Bank (DWS) on the sale of DWS TFI Polska
- IPOPEMA Securities S.A. on the acquisition of the Polish part of Credit Suisse’s asset management business
- Liberty Global Inc. on the acquisition of Aster from funds managed by Mid Europa Partners LLP
- Liberty Global and UPC on the divestment of Aster cable network
- Innova Capital on its acquisition of 70% of shares in Marmite International S.A.
- Innova Capital on taking over Bakalland S.A.
- Advent International on a successful public bid for 100% of shares in Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne S.A.
- Société Générale Asset Management Alternative Investments on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Konsalnet S.A.
- Société Générale Asset Management Alternative Investments on the transfer of G1 Group sp. z o.o. as part of the internal restructuring of the SGAM group
- Konsalnet Holding S.A. on the acquisition of a Romanian subsidiary
- Konsalnet Holding S.A. on the sale of selected business lines
- Konsalnet Holding S.A. on the acquisition of G4S Polska
- Enterprise Investors on the acquisition of Skarbiec TFI
- Enterprise Investors and Sfinks Polska S.A. on its acquisition of the business of Grupa Chłopskie Jadło
- Enterprise Investors on the divestment of Medycyna Rodzinna S.A. to LuxMed
- Marek Stefański on a sale of shares in POL-AQUA S.A. to Dragados Sociedad Anonima
- Argus Capital on its acquisition of GTX Hanex Plastic Sp z o.o.
- British Sugar (Overseas) Limited on the sale of British Sugar (Overseas) Polska sp. z o. o. to Pfeifer & Langen Polska S.A.
- KBC Private Equity and Krokus Private Equity on several private equity transactions
- A PE fund on the recapitalization of a portfolio company
- Kulczyk Holding on an investment in oil fields in Sudan
- Unit 4 on its takeover of Teta S.A.