At Mrowiec Fiałek and Partners, our attorneys have exceptional knowledge and extensive experience in advising clients on trading securities and other financial instruments.
Our team responsible for public offerings and stock exchange transactions is led by Zbigniew Mrowiec, a co-author of the current capital market regulations in Poland and a co-creator of the Polish Securities and Exchange Commission.
As deputy chairman of the Polish Securities and Exchange commission from 2004 to 2005, he directed work on a comprehensive modernisation of capital market regulations in Poland, which improved and updated supervision procedures, liberalised markets, and increased transparency.
Our attorneys have completed numerous transactions that were innovative on the Polish market, including:
- the first takeover on the WSE and the first hostile takeover,
- the first parallel listing of securities of a foreign issuer on the WSE and another stock exchange in the EU,
- the fourth IPO in the EU in which the competent regulator (the Cypriot SEC) transferred its power to approve the prospectus to the regulator competent for the location of the public offering and for the stock exchange listing the company’s shares (the Polish FSA),
- the first delisting of a company’s shares.
Our experience and competences include:
- structuring transactions, including transactions that were the first of their kind on the Polish capital market,
- preparing and conducting public and private offerings of securities, including initial public offerings of shares (IPO), including dual listings,
- preparing prospectuses, memoranda, and other offer documents, as well as informational documents,
- preparation and negotiating agreements related to share offers, offer placement, and underwriting,
- advice on information obligations (preparing the company to fulfil its information obligations, as well as ongoing support in this area), including preparing draft internal regulations and providing ongoing advice and support,
- comprehensive advice regarding the status of a public company (listed company),
- advice on corporate governance, including preparation draft internal regulations and providing ongoing advice and support.